Are you an illustrator, visual artist, photographer or poet? Do you have ideas you want to share with us? You' re welcome! You can send your portfolio (preferably as a link to your website or flickr, or blog, or etc.) to: email@example.com
Remember these important tips:
1. Choose your best work. Less is more. Go for impact.
2. Remember that you're presenting you with us. Do it politely and in a manner that we enjoy meeting you.
3. Tell us why you want to be author of Monoblock, and what you expect from us. Be honest.
4. No need to be super formal, but we like people who use periods, commas and accents.
All e-mails will be read. But we can not promise to publish you all! Our small independent publishing company has the ability to publish only a handful of artists. However, portfolios that move us, have a chance to be recommended in our facebook , to our friends or editors of magazines, books and other projects.
Letting us know you is the first step. Hopefully, we can accompany you on the next steps. Meanwhile ...
Join us on the adventure!
... And these are the things we do not like to receive.
1. A super-heavy e-mail with 1,000 single images, attached. That is not a polite presentation, neither a convincing one.
2. Telegrams. We can not know you with a signature and a URL. What happened to "Hi" and "Please"?
3. SPAM! Asking your friends to write 999 e-mails to us, to get published, does not guarantee in any way your publication.
4. Proposals that have no point of contact with what we do. This is an editorial for illustrators and other short visual content producers. For example, we do not publish musicians. We love music, but is simply another business!
5. Indecent proposals such as "I can get support ... a note ... a sale ...". You have to give without expecting anything in return. Above all, in exchange for being author at Monoblock.
6. Illustrations that "remind" us the work of other colleague. Is not bad to look at the inspiring work of others ... but there are limits to the scope of inspiration (and the copy is a clear limit!)